The Councillors are the Directors of MBANSW, ensuring compliance with State and Federal legislation. They review all referrals and determine financial gifts to doctors and their families and others in need.
The work of MBANSW is underpinned by the Council's Mission and Values.
MBANSW seeks to primarily support the medical community in NSW and ACT by providing counselling and financial assistance to members of the medical family in need in order to enhance timely recovery from illness or adversity.
- Medical Practitioners are compassionate about their colleagues and family members.
- All members of the medical profession should have access to appropriate, confidential assistance.
- MBANSW encourages early requests for help, which may lessen the impact of problems on career and family.
- A request for help does not imply weakness or failure.
- Access to MBANSW assistance is determined by need, not by the reason assistance is requested.
- Assistance is aimed at independence and return to function.